What do we do?
Incentive Games is a young, exciting and energetic company that specialises in helping its clients acquire, retain and monetise customers via web and mobile apps in the form of free and pay to play games. We use the science of gamification to make user engagement simple. The company is growing and we have ambitions to be a leading games provider and we have been gaining recognition nationally and abroad.
Our current clients are multi-national I-gaming companies based in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the USA, but we have plans to expand into non-iGaming markets.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is confident and has an eye for detail, who can solve problems, can balance multiple deadlines and is happy to help others.
If you’re looking to join a team where you’ll make a real difference and where you’ll be heard and valued – please apply!
What can we offer you?
- A fun, relaxed and collaborative environment working in a company built on honesty that has flexible hours.
- Joining a growing company that’s evolving all the time, giving you the opportunity to test yourself and your role to discover your skills.
- Being surrounded by a group of bright, motivated people. We are a friendly, straight-forward and capable bunch that keep it light-hearted.
We’re looking for you to join our team as a full stack developer, reporting directly to the Lead Developer. You will build a variety of games for our clients, as well as backend gaming solutions and third-party integrations. Once the games are live you will be responsible for running those games in the production environment and any ongoing development work required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Development of our games from inception to completion.
- Collaborating with other technical and design team members to deliver applications on time and on budget.
- Work with and support other developers and teammates.
- With the help of the CTO and Lead Developers to undertake thorough Quality Assurance testing on projects, to ensure the final delivery meets requirements and scope.
- Continual testing and bug fixing for the apps that we have live.
- Attend daily stand-ups and contribute to team planning sessions.
- Stay abreast of digital tools, platforms and industry trends.
- 2+ years experience in one or more of the main technologies we use: React.js, Node, HTML/CSS, Postgres, Web API, Git or experience of other major programming languages or frontend technologies such as Java, C#
- Background in integrating third party (RESTful) APIs, and building your own APIs.
- Able to work well in an agile environment.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude, ability to think on your feet, and action solutions.
- Enjoy working closely with others as part of a close-knit team.
Other useful experience and skill
- Knowledge of some of the other technologies we use which include, AWS, Docker, Serverless, Google analytics, common web security techniques.
- Knowledge of building backend services and designing and maintaining databases.
Employee Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 32 days holiday
- Matched pension up to 3% (after 3 months)
- Share Options (after one year)
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Edinburgh (possibility of remote)