What do we do?
Incentive Games is a young, exciting, and energetic company that specialises in helping its clients acquire, retain, and monetise customers via web and mobile apps in the form of free and pay-to-play games. We use the science of gamification to make user engagement simple.
The company is growing, and we have ambitions of being a leading games provider in the I-Gaming sector and beyond. We have been gaining recognition nationally and abroad and were the winners of Best Crowdfunded Business in the 2019 Sports Technology Awards and our CEO was the recipient of Service Industries Entrepreneur of the Year at the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2019.
Our current clients are multi-national I-gaming companies based in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the USA, but we have plans to expand into non-I-gaming markets.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has an eye for detail and quality, who can solve problems, can balance multiple deadlines, and is happy to help others.
If you’re looking to join a team where you’ll make a real difference and where you’ll be heard and valued – please apply!
What can we offer you?
- A fun, relaxed, and collaborative environment working in a company built on honesty that has flexible hours.
- Joining a growing company that is evolving all the time, allowing you to test yourself and your role to develop your skills.
- Being surrounded by a group of bright, motivated people. We are a friendly, straightforward, and capable bunch that keep it light-hearted.
We are looking for a proficient Software QA Tester looking to take their next career step – The ideal candidate will be someone who can help develop our testing process and strategy, solve problems, and drive development quality. We need someone who can quickly understand the quality requirement of our clients and understand Incentive Games requirements and fit these into the overall needs of the business. The key purpose of this role is to help deliver quality to multiple small to medium size projects concurrently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Delivery of high-quality web-based software for business-critical projects within the agreed project deadlines.
- Work closely with internal teams, ensuring the correct features are being delivered.
- Create and maintain automated tests across projects, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Create and execute test strategy and plans for both manual and automated tests.
- Raise detailed bugs and verify fixes during testing.
- Understanding of systems and games and how they interact.
- Participate in review sessions of new games or features.
- Be knowledgeable about the features being developed in the sprint.
- Understanding of the technologies, tools, and techniques used in the development team.
- Maintains the security, confidentiality, and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and IT Policies.
- Actively seeking opportunities to improve our testing processes and standards.
- Learns new technologies and propose their adoption where appropriate.
- Forms part of the releases Sign-off team.
- 2-3 years Experience in QA across web and/or mobile apps.
- Be comfortable working with technical systems and platforms, including Content Management Systems and digital project management software such as JIRA.
- Excellent communicator (at all levels), including being able to have challenging conversations if necessary.
- Forensic attention to detail and the ability to implement processes to maintain quality control across the account/project lifespan.
- Excellent understanding of the entire software/application lifecycle
- Experience working in Agile development environments and understanding of the different Agile methodologies, in particular Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience creating tests with automation tools such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Excellent listening skills and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at varying levels within the company.
Other useful experience and skills
- Experience in the I-Gaming industry.
- Experience in programming languages or frontend technologies
- Knowledge of some of the other technologies we use, which include AWS, Docker, Serverless, Postgres, Jira, and SQL
- Knowledge of Firebase and Google Analytics, Confluence, and Jira.
Employee Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 32 days holiday
- Matched pension up to 3% (after 3 months)
- Share Options (after one year)
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh (Required)